Guest Blogger: Margie Barrie, Vice President, 3in4 Need More Association
“It makes it easier to open the door to the subject of LTC insurance.”
“Conveyed the concepts easier.”
“Helps the family who is thinking of buying LTCI to explain it to others or family members who sometimes don’t want to spend the money.”
These are actual comments voiced a few weeks ago by agents at a financial services conference. They were referring to the materials provided as part of their FREE membership to the LTCi’s industry’s new consumer awareness campaign.
Called “3in4 Need More,” the campaign is focused on educating Americans about the need to form a long term care plan and what products and options could be part of their plan. We’re using the phrase “Health Insurance Isn’t Enough, 3in4 Need More.” And who better to raise that awareness than producers, financial advisors and planners.
The 3in4 campaign is the LTC industry’s version of the “Got Milk” campaign, where the dairy industry rallied behind a slogan and used creative marketing and celebrities to successfully raise awareness of the importance of drinking milk. What’s especially exciting is that the campaign provides a proven approach to help producers successfully explain to their clients and prospects the need for planning.
Here are the key facts on which the 3in4 concept is based:
- 77% of Americans age 30 to 65 think they should know more about LTCI than they currently do. That’s more than 3in4 of your prospects. (2010 Prudential Long-Term Care Consumer Awareness & Attitudes Study)
- 74% of consumers age 55 to 65 said they are concerned about needing some kind of long term care. Again that’s nearly 3 in 4 of us. (2010 Prudential Long-Term Care Consumer Awareness & Attitudes Study)
How can you use the campaign to increase your marketing opportunities and to differentiate yourself from the competition? Specific benefits include:
- Be listed as a LTC resource
- Obtain educational materials that can be co-branded or private labeled,
- Receive training on how to use the 3in4 brand for marketing
- Gain access to lead campaigns
- Use 3in4 materials such as videos and a new electronic producers kit to increase local awareness
It’s FREE to join the campaign. To learn more, visit the website www.3in4needmore.com and to join, go to the “Stay Informed and Join” area. The basic level is FREE; other levels provide marketing support such as training and personalized branding materials and are available for a small annual cost. All proceeds go to fund 3in4 media activities and create educational materials. For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.