One of our favorite insurance bloggers is Ryan Hanely, whose Albany Insurance Professional Blog is "Dropping Insurance Knowledge on Upstate New York and the World!" The following is his end-of-year post and highlights a number of his articles.
GUEST BLOGGER Ryan Hanley is a New York State licensed life, health and property/casualty insurance broker.
2010 was an amazing year for me and that I truly hope that you can say the same thing.
The reason 2010 was an amazing year is very simple, in both my personal and professional life (which when you work in a family owned insurance agency are essentially the same thing), I dedicated myself to building meaningful relationships with as many people as I could and learning something new every single day.
Many of the new relationships I formed this year started in Social Media but all of them started by being social in life. Besides my online activities I try to attend at least one networking function (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Professional Groups), and get coffee with two to three people a week. Always remember, no matter how interactive the Internet gets, nothing beats a face-to-face meeting for developing a relationship.
I dedicated myself in 2010 to learning something new every single day. I focus on Insurance, Marketing, and Investing (investing to personal use, I’m not a financial advisor). By signing up for RSS Feeds, Email Newsletters, Twitter Lists, The Albany Business Review, The Times Union, and a few Insurance trade magazines I was able to inundate myself with sources of information. I also bought a Kindle 3 which has drastically increased my book reading. I’m very passionate about learning because it leads to personal and professional growth.
10 Most Popular Posts of 2010
Without further ado here are the top 10 Most Viewed Post that were written in 2010:
- 5 Ways I Use Twitter as an Insurance Agent
- Insurance Community Rocking the Social Web
- 10 Tools I Use to Harness My Online Presence
- When Do I Drop Collision Coverage?
- My Thoughts After Presenting on Social Media to Young Insurance Agents
- I Hate This Life Insurance Question
- Sue Your Spouse for Bad Driving
- Our Future is in the Agent, not the Agency
- Insurance is a Scam
- But I Just Sent Her Out For Staples
My Favorites That Didn’t Make The List
These posts did not make the Top 10 Most Viewed List but I personally think are pretty cool:
- Insurance is NOT Set It and Forget It
- Why I Created a Professional Online Presence
- Insurance Policy Forms and the Gross Ignorance of the Commodity Perception
- My Motivation is Mine… What is Yours?
- Renter Insurance vs Six-Pack of Beer
I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year and Successful 2011! I look forward to connecting and discussing insurance and digging deeper into how we all can become more informed insurance consumers.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposely only. There is no legal advice being suggested or proffered and the author assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions take or not taken by the readers based upon such information.